Smithers is launching the first Sustainability in Packaging LATAM Workshop, happening this August 11-12. The online conference aims to address key sustainability challenges and available solutions for continued innovation and industry growth. Speakers will present the latest technologies that are tackling these challenges such as:
- The Future of Plastics and Recycling
- Emerging Sustainable Materials in Packaging
- Circular Economy and Design for Environment
- Trends and Innovations – Future Outlook of the Packaging Industry
- New Models to Reduce or Replace Packaging
- Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR)
- End of Life Management – Packaging and Policies
Albert Douer, Executive Chairman and Investor at UBQ, and Gabriel Serber, Director of Sustainable Development and Social Impact at Arcos Dorados, will share the motivations behind a strategic commercial partnership between the two companies and the outcomes including the production of 18,000 serving trays made with UBQ™ for McDonald’s restaurants across Brazil, which diverted 2,600 pounds of landfill-destined waste.
Additional speakers and panelists include:
Ellen MacArthur Foundation, BloombergNEF, TriCiclos, Enval, BioElements Group, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Sun Chemical, TriCiclosB, Algramo and more!