We asked Dads at UBQ Materials what they prefer for Father’s Day, and they unanimously agreed that experiences are way cooler than material gifts. It’s official—Dads have spoken, and they want to make memories, not clutter their closets!
So, this Father’s Day, let’s give your #1 Dad what he really wants—an adventure that’ll make him say, “Who needs socks and ties when I can have a blast?!”
Below are 12 ideas to revolutionize the way we celebrate by shifting away from fleeting material presents and embracing enduring experiences. Beyond creating lasting memories that are shared together, you and your family are also actively reducing unnecessary consumption and waste, and minimizing the impact on the environment.
Here are some of our favorite ideas to give your #1 Dad a memorable day without taking from the planet:
1. Go for an adventure: Whether it’s cycling, surfing, snowboarding, rock climbing, kayaking, or a nature hike, you can choose to enjoy the great outdoors.
2. Culinary workshop: Learn new cooking techniques together, experiment with a hands-on experience.
3. Go for a surprise golf outing: Take him to his favorite golf course or a new one he’s been wanting to try and enjoy quality time on the greens.
4. Homebrewing session: If your dad enjoys a good craft beer, consider organizing a homebrewing session where you can brew his favorite beer together.
5. Live sports game: Go to live sports game of his favorite team and celebrate alongside a cheerful crowd.
6. Sailing expedition: Set sail and explore the nearest coastline or serene lake.
7. Live music performance: Surprise your dad with tickets to a live music performance and sing along to his favorite songs.
8. Nature hike and picnic: Explore scenic trails and enjoy a delightful picnic surrounded by nature.
9. Outdoor camping excursion: Plan a camping trip, roast some marshmallows and get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
10. Spa or wellness retreat: Treat your dad to a day of relaxation with a well-deserved self-care experience.
11. Stargazing encounter: Find a spot away from city lights and embark on a stargazing adventure.
12. Wine tasting: Visit local wineries or organize a private wine tasting session at home.
There are several meaningful and environmentally friendly ways to commemorate Father’s Day, from outdoor excursions to interactive workshops. There’s no better time to celebrate a wonderful day full of joy with the planet in mind.